Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And Everything is Going Fine

.

Trailer for And Everything Is Going Fine, a new documentary on Spalding Gray by Steven Soderbergh, using excerpts from Gray's monologues to piece together his life story. (Read reviews at NPR and the New York Times.)

I remember my dad taking my brother and me to see Swimming to Cambodia in the theater when it came out. Not a normal thing for teenage boys but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Many years later I was on a photoshoot in Sag Harbor for Martha Stewart Living magazine. I was the editorial assistant of the crafts department and I was driving the van. I went to the grocery store to buy some stuff for lunch and Spalding Gray was there. I don't get that jazzed up over celebrity sightings but I vividly remember sharing a produce department with Spalding Gray.

No comments: