Friday, September 17, 2010

Records I Own Only For the Cover

.
Another intermittent series on ye olde blog.

I've been doing some weeding of the collection recently. As much as the music on these is unremarkable or bad, I have to keep them for the covers alone.

Plus, who knows, I might listen to them another time and like them.

Imagine the horror if I thought "what I really need right now is some soul sauce," only to realize that I had given that record away on some forgotten whim. Unacceptable.

Or what happens if I'm feelin' saxy and I can't find my Herb Larson record, because I gave it away, just because it's horrible? Do you think Herb Larson would do that to you?

Exactly.

2 comments:

JMW said...

That soul sauce record cover is a national treasure. Holy cow.

I've been off the blogging grid the last week or so, so I just saw your post about pneumonia! Hope you're back in the saddle!!

Janet said...

Yes, I too collect partially for the covers. I've only just started. Showing a few is an idea for my next blog.