Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bring Out Your Junk

.
Sorry, I meant to mention this earlier:
Seattle gets a long-overdue new flea market starting today.

Remember when the Brooklyn Flea opened a couple years ago? Seattle Square is purportedly modeled on that, with both junk and food vendors (hopefully more of the former). It runs every Saturday through the end of summer, 11AM–5PM in Occidental Park, Pioneer Square. Info here. Race you there.

...
Update: I think they could use some more dealers of vintage goods – it's mostly newly made crafty items. I think it's a great idea and I love the location but to make it a real flea market might require the organizers to directly solicit the participation of junk dealers, if they haven't done that. I will go back again soon though and see how it goes.

No comments: